Unified Communications Explained Forums VoIP Detective OVA Deployment Issues

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Terry Mason 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Armando Melendez
    Participant

I downloaded both OVA’s checked MD5 on both. I’m getting Dracut Emergency Shell once boot process is completed.

Deployed OVA to ESXi host 6.5

Terry Mason
    Keymaster

I’ll have to admit, that’s not something I’ve seen before. I’ll have to do some research.

A couple of questions:
    Did you deploy from vcenter or esxi?
    thick or thin provisioned?
    Plenty of available space on your datastore?

Armando Melendez
    Participant

Terry, Thanks for your response.

1. I deployed from VMware Fusion to vCenter. (I’ve done this before with other OVA’s no issues.)

2. The OVA is pre-canned “Thick provision lazy zeroed” I haven’t changed any hardware settings besides NIC.

3. There is 2TB+ available on datastore being used.

Thanks!
    -AM

Terry Mason
    Keymaster

Armando,
    Any chance you could try deploying it with either Vcenter or ESXi directly? I don’t have access to VMware Fusion, and haven’t tested the appliance with that yet.

Armando Melendez
    Participant

Terry,

I was able to get it up and running. Deployed via ESXi. Doh, I should have thought of that.
    Thanks!

Armando Melendez
    Participant

May I suggest adding http://{voipdetective-IP}/eula.php to a help tab. I was unable to find this link anywhere after navigating away.

Looking forward to setting this up. Thanks!

Terry Mason
    Keymaster

That’s a great idea.
    The next version is going to have a more robust help section, so I’ll do something about making that information more accessible.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.