Voip Detective is a free call accounting and reporting platform for Cisco Call Manager (CUCM). Easy to use, it provides call details to admins, managers, and users, allowing you to quickly find details about calls into and out of your organization.
Several years ago, I was asked for a way to track the calls that our sales team was making. Managers wanted to know how many calls came in and out, and to which employees. This sounded like a reasonable request – a call accounting package that would help business leaders keep everything on the up and up. After the Call Manager built in CDR tools ended up falling flat, I decided to write my own call accounting solution. Needing something easy to use, that would simply tell me what calls are made and when I made the interface as intuitive as possible. As an administrator, I wanted a solution that would be hands off, so that I didn’t’ have to pull reports on behalf of end users. So, the VoIP Detective was born.
VoIP Detective is a web based application that users will access through their web browsers. The server itself is a virtual appliance that runs on VMware. Once VoIP Detective is installed and running, it gathers CDR (call detail records) files from CUCM, and process them continuously.
What the VoIP Detective can do
For End Users
- End users register for their own account and can pull reports on calls into and out of their extensions.
- Managers can be assigned end users that they are able to pull call records on.
- View inbound and outbound calls for each person.
- See inbound calls that were missed and went to voicemail.
- Managers can view their entire team in one report, or each individual person.
- Full reporting on all calls through your CUCM cluster
- Search for patterns, such as 911
- View MOS (Mean opinion score) of calls
- Show call details such as originating device, destination device and error codes
- Show total system usage (calls per month / year).
VoIP Detective Free
I have quite a bit of time and effort invested in the VoIP Detective, and I’d really like for people to use it – hopefully you’ll find it helpful. To that end, I’d decided to make a free version that is full featured, and free of charge. VoIP Detective will store the previous 7 days of call data, so you’ll be able to report on calls made by employees for the previous week.
VoIP Detective Pro
VoIP Detective Pro includes everything that Free does, and adds the following:
- Store unlimited call records (the only limit is database size).
- Reports can be scheduled and delivered by email.
Here are the high level details about VoIP Detective call reporting:
- Compatible with CUCM 8 through 12.
- Call Manager pushes CDR & CMR files to VoIP Detective, so no modifications are made to CUCM.
- Runs on a pre-built virtual machine, so the deployment is easy.
- All access to the application is done through the browser, so there are no clients to install.
OK I’m sold – How do I get copy?
- Register at UC Guru
- Visit the license request page. From there you can request a license and download the files.
If you have any problems with the license / download process, please let me know on the support forum
0.910 – 2019-03-21
- bugfix – Fixed issue with uninstalling licensing
- bugfix – Modifiy the voiceMailPilot to allow long entries
- feature – Added help system with contextual support. Clicking help on a page will provide assistance for that specific page.
- feature – Added more information to the admin dashboard
- feature – Added ability to refresh logs
- feature – Added more style customization
- feature – Added the ability to hide the remote location (which US state the external call translates to)
- feature – Converted tables to InnoDB to allow row level locking
- feature – Added MD5 information to the backup section
- feature (Pro only) – Inbound call report shows final destination of call.
0.900 – 2019-2-9
- bugfix – fixed bug in admin-search when searching multiple pages
- bugfix – fixed call count on team search page
- bugfix – fixed issue with the update system that prevented sql file updates
- bugfix – fixed total usage pages (call counts were off)
- bugfix – expanded cdr import functionality and added debugging
- feature – optimized search queries
- feature – added dial plan information to allow classification of outbound calls (internal, local, long distance)
- feature – added phone owner (when searching for calls on a shared line)
- feature – added pagination to admin search
- feature – added additional fields to admin-search excel export
- feature – OS version introduced
0.831 – 2019-1-11
- fixed bug with nightly admin messages
- improved update system
- improved license activation
- fixed error with internal call search
- fixed error with team search
- added database indexes to increase speed
- fixed error with scheduled reports
- fixed error when exporting calls to excel
- fixed voicemail flag on call search
0.820 – 2018-11-05
- fixed CMR import for 0 duration calls
- fixed 0 second call search filter
- fixed email activation errors in registration system
- fixed error that prevented daily reports from running
- fixed error in daily email reports
- added multiple 911 alearting numbers
- added ability to disable cron emails to administrator
0.812 – 2018-7-29
- fixed admin search by gateway bug.
- fixed licensing bug that prevented removal of license.